About

I am Director of Information Services at Brisbane Grammar School, a Yr 6-12 boys’ school in Queensland,Australia, and I am passionate about elearning and the use of ICTs in education. I believe teacher librarians are ideally placed to lead in this area, as we work with so many teachers across the school, and have the opportunity to suggest exciting and engaging ways for students to collaborate and interact with other students around the world to enrich their learning.

I also believe our role is to provide short-cuts to good quality information, and we should be continually looking for new ways of achieving this – such as promoting RSS feeds and social bookmarking for older students and teachers, and using wikis and blogs to gather and share information.

I love a creative and stimulating environment to work in myself, and I believe that the students work better in the same type of surroundings.

Email me at:    cathy.oxley@brisbanegrammar.com

My Diigo bookmarks:  http://www.diigo.com/user/cathryno

Images from Redlands College Library, a P-12 co-ed school where I was Library Services Coordinator.