If you’ve ever linked to a YouTube movie during a presentation, then tried to go back into your PPT, you’ll realise that it can look messy if you can’t reconnect to the viewer mode of your PPT.
This how-to video by Laura Bergells explains a great way to seamlessly play a YouTube movie in PPT, just by linking to it, but without actually downloading and embedding it. It looks as if you’ve downloaded it, and plays within your presentation, but it is actually just a link. What you do need, however, is a live internet connection for this to work.
A quick overview of the steps involved:
1. Insert /open the Developer tab on your PPT ribbon, then open the toolbox
2. Insert a Shockwave Flash Object from the toolbox list by drawing a box on your slide
3. Copy the URL of the movie you want to insert, R click on your box, open up Properties, then paste the URL in the empty cell beside ‘Movie’
4. Delete “watch?”, and replace “=” with “/”
5. Go to the full screen mode to play your movie, and note that you can also pause or adjust the volume within your PPT presentation
6. Once you have played the movie, a screen capture ot it will appear in the box
6. To seamlessly progress to the next slide, simply click your mouse – beautiful!!