Cooliris (PicLens)

Cooliris is a plugin that you can download to view images as a fantastic moving 3D  ‘picture wall’, rather than viewing them one page at a time as you would with Google Images, or Flickr. Once you have seen and used it, you will never want to search for images or videos in any other way!

” Cooliris, formerly known as PicLens, is a web browser plugin that provides interactive full-screen slideshows of online images. The plugin is available for Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. At present, the software is compatible with Google Images, Yahoo Images, Ask.com Images, deviantART, Flickr, Facebook, Live Image Search, Photobucket, SmugMug, Fotki, YouTube (for videos), and any web site that implements mediaRSS <link> tags in their HTML pages. The software places a small icon in the corner of an image thumbnail when the mouse moves over it, which launches into a full-screen photo viewer when clicked, but without giving an option to save any of the pictures shown.” (Wikipedia)

View a movie of the picture wall here:  http://www.cooliris.com/demo/?view=movie

One thought on “Cooliris (PicLens)

1. Hi Cathy, Am finally trying some of your sites. Met Robert who sits next to you at Moodle Moot. I have my igoogle site started. Am doing this wireless from Caloundra. I am sort of thinking about how to combine the Moodle and SLAQ ideas to encourage interactivity – I am thinking that outside Moodle may be too much Spam. Cheerio,
    Anne